Sign In  |  Register  |  About San Rafael  |  Contact Us

San Rafael, CA
July 25, 2024 12:34am
7-Day Forecast | Traffic
  • Search Hotels in San Rafael

  • ROOMS:

Man And Neighbor Extinguish Dryer Fire Wednesday Evening

Submit A Story
Share |

A Petaluma man and his neighbor put out a fire that started in the laundry room of a residence Wednesday evening, a Petaluma fire captain said.

The fire in the one story, double-wide home at 717 N. McDowell Blvd. was reported around 6 p.m., Capt. Chad Costa said.

The man and his daughter were watching television when they heard a loud pop and saw the fire, Costa said. They evacuated the home and the man and his neighbor extinguished the fire with a garden hose.

The neighbor suffered minor smoke inhalation but did not require medical care, Costa said.

Petaluma firefighters confirmed the blaze was out and determined excessive lint caused the fire behind the dryer, Costa said. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

The fire was confined to the laundry room but smoke damage made the residence uninhabitable. There were no smoke detectors in the residence, Costa said.

The man and his daughter left to stay with a friend, Costa said.

Crews from the Rancho Adobe Fire Department also responded to the blaze.
Recent Stories
» Organization Needs 3,000 Turkeys For Thanksgiving Dinners
» Man Pleads Not Guilty To Stabbing, Killing Man Over Cigarette
» Vehicle Pursuit Leads To Discovery Of Drugs For Sale Thursday
» Man Shot In Leg In Apartment
» Firefighters Respond To 1-Alarm Structure Fire This Morning
» Police Investigating Home Burglary
» Friday Morning News Roundup
» Federal Prosecutors Collect $327M From Criminal, Civil Actions This Year
» Sfmta Parking And Traffic Citations Can Now Be Contested Via Online Portal
» Weather Forecast For The San Francisco Bay Area
Copyright © 2010-2024 & California Media Partners, LLC. All rights reserved.